Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chad is coming Home

Today has been a bittersweet day for me, Chad was released from the bishopbric up on campass. It has been such a wonderful experience for our family. We have loved having the students over to our house for FHE, and going to some of the student ward activities. When Chad told the kids they said, "No we don't want you to get released. We like the college kids." The sad part is that we really won't see any of them anymore. The good news is Chad will be going to church with us again, but it has been four years and I'm not sure where he will fit in. My kids don't know what it is like to have dad come to church with them. Sometimes it has been hard, but there have been many blessings that come with service like that. I am glad we had the opportunity and would do it again in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it. Taking 3 kids to church by yourself? You are amazing.What a great example. It will be nice to have Chad home. I bet it will be strange for a while. People will ask if he is visiting :D
Let me know if Tanners tubes help him at all. Is he talking much? We are wondering about Cooper. Love your posts!!

Denise Stears said...

It is a sad but happy day! I am excited for you, it's nice to have your husband back. But watch out he will get put to work very quickly in the ward.